Painless Treatment for Hemorrhoids - Ultroid ®
Did You Know?
- As much as 80% of the population will experience hemorrhoids in their lifetime AND, the NDDIC* says, up to 50% of the population experience hemorrhoid disease by the age of 50 with the incidence of the disease increasing with age.
- Approximately 45 million Americans above the age of 45 have symptomatic hemorrhoid disease.**
- Most Americans suffer in silence, delaying medical treatment an average of 9 years.
- The vast majority of Americans are unaware of painless, non-surgical, safe and effective treatments for hemorrhoid disease.According to an article in Forbes Magazine, based on research from AHRQ (Agency for Health Care Research and Quality), hemorrhoid disease is among "The Fastest Growing Diseases" in the U.S.
- Ultroid ®is a painless, FDA-cleared, non-surgical method of hemorrhoid treatment. Its costs are a fraction of surgery and its associated difficulties. There is no anesthesia needed. No hospital stays. The entire process can take as little as a half-hour and its done in your physician's exam room. It is covered by most insurers and Medicare. No pain. No lengthy healing time. Call your family physician and ask about the painless hemorrhoid treatment.
If you have questions, or would like to setup an appointment please call 954-983-1119. Web Contact Form
Some Important Reasons for Considering the Ultroid ® Hemorrhoid Management System
- Ultroid ® is The Painless Hemorrhoid Treatment because the base of internal and mixed hemorrhoids is found in an area without nerve endings located above the “dentate line.” Treatment here is painless.
- There is no pre-procedure preparation.
- Ultroid ® treats internal and mixed hemorrhoids.
- Ultroid ® treats Grades I, II, III and some Grade IV hemorrhoids.
- Ultroid ® is done in the doctor’s office.
- There is no anesthesia required.
- There is no hospitalization.
- Ultroid ® is a six-to-12 minute treatment.
- Ultroid ® uses a minute electric current (two-16 milliamps) to cause the salt water in the body’s cells to dissociate and then recombine to form a caustic sodium hydroxide solution which causes the cells within the hemorrhoid to dissolve leaving a liquid that is naturally reabsorbed by the body.
- There is no burning (lasers), no heat at all. There are no rubber bands or staples. Finally, there is no cutting.
- The patient is able to leave the doctor’s office without pain and resume normal daily activities directly after the Ultroid ® procedure.
- Patients often report immediate relief after one Ultroid ® treatment.
- There are no post-procedure check-ups with Ultroid®
- In more than 30,000 cases, Ultroid ® has had no history of direct or secondary infection associated with the procedure.
- The use of Ultroid ®’s disposable, sterile, single-use probe kit prevents reuse and associated threats of cross-contamination.
- Multiple treatments are associated with higher grade hemorrhoids and the quantity of sites needing treatment.
- Ultroid ®is FDA-cleared.
- Ultroid ® is honored by Medicare and most major insurers.
- Ultroid ® is used by general practitioners, gynecologists, gastroenterologists, surgeons, DOs etc.
- Ultroid ® is a simple procedure that allows for efficient training times.
- Some states allow trained medical assistants, physician’s assistants and nurses to apply the Ultroid ®procedure with doctor supervision.
- 50% of people over the age of 50 suffer from hemorrhoids. As many as 80% of us will suffer with this painful disease in our lifetimes.
Below are some frequently asked questions. If you have further questions, or would like to setup an appointment please call 954-983-1119. Web Contact Form
Q. You say the procedure is painless. How can that be?
A. Hemorrhoids are often painful but their treatment with Ultroid ® is not. Ultroid ® painlessly treats the base of the internal or mixed hemorrhoid. The base is located in an area where there are no nerve endings (above the dentate line). The probe is positioned to treat that area and subsequently will affect the entire hemorrhoid. Any discomfort is related to a feeling of “pressure” that may be unfamiliar to the patient. The physician can control that discomfort, decreasing it as the patient communicates with the physician.
Q. Does my insurance company cover the expense for Ultroid ®?
A. The painless Ultroid ® procedure is covered by Medicare and most major insurers. Your physician can tell you if your insurance covers the procedure.
Q. How long will I be out of work after the procedure?
A. You won’t! Not only is Ultroid ®painless, but because it does not create an open wound, there is no need for stitches. You can return to your daily activities immediately after the procedure–even work. But remember, the final recommendation comes from your physician.
Q. Does the procedure take a long time and do I have to prepare for it the night before?
A. The length of time for the procedure depends on the severity and Grade of the hemorrhoid. Most procedures last for six-to-12 minutes and are regulated by the physician. There is no special prep required with Ultroid ® ; no liquids to drink; no salves to apply.